In Islam, a Nikah (marriage ceremony) is a covenant with God to honor, respect, care for and love your spouse; it is a legally binding contract. ISGH – Maryam Masjid is honored to celebrate with you on this blessed occasion. Your Nikah can be conducted by an ISGH Imam.
To conduct a Nikah, the following requirements must be met:
- Bride and groom’s consent to marry
- Two Muslim witnesses
- Bride’s Wali (Guardian)
- Legal marriage documentation with the State of Texas.
- Obtain Marriage License from your local County Court House (Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery). Please contact your County Clerk’s Office for fees and requirements.
- A Marriage License is valid for 30 days from date of issue.
- Marriage License is NOT valid for FIRST 72 hours from the time and date of issue.
- Get an appointment with Imam for Nikah at least one week in advance.
- Obtain ISGH “Marriage Certificate” by calling Main Center Office at (713) 524-6615 or the Imam who is performing the Nikah.
- The Marriage License and Marriage Certificate must be signed by all concerned and dated.
- The original documents,(Marriage License and Marriage Certificate), must be submitted to the Main Center Office of ISGH after Nikah is performed.
- The Office will validate Marriage Certificate with ISGH Seal.
- Return the Marriage License to the county to record marriage. It will be mailed back to the married couple.
ISGH Maryam Masjid offers facility services and accommodations. You can fill out the form and make your payment online by CLICKING HERE.
EVENT SET UP FEES/ DETAILS
For information, please contact the admin below and allow 24-48 hours to receive a response.
Aysha Khan: [email protected]