Sheikh Hassan M. Shah
Resident Scholar and Quran Teacher for Maryam Quran Academy
• M.A in Arabic and Islamic Studies.
• Shahdatul-Alamiya by the Wifaq –ul-Madaris –ul-Arabia Pakistan (Darse Nizami)
• Hafiz e Quran
Skills & Achievements:
• Devoted Quran Teacher
• Proficient in teaching Quran and Arabic
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• 15 plus years of teaching Quran and Islamic studies
• Over two decades of leading Taraweeh
• Facilitated numerous students of knowledge to become competent Huffaz
• Striving to nurture students overall ethical and moral values
Imam Mohammed ElFarooqui
Associate Imam and Youth Director
Mohammed ElFarooqui has been serving the greater Houston community for well over three years. He joined Maryam Islamic Center in July 2022 as the Associate Imam and Youth Director. He focuses on directing youth educational and religious activities at Maryam Islamic Center.
He also serves as an advisor for the community members on matters of Fiqh and other related questions. Please contact him at [email protected] to arrange a time to meet or ask questions.
Mohammed ElFarooqui has a Bachelor’s degree in Islamic Sciences from Jamiatul Farooqia which is a prestigious private Islamic School. He is currently pursuing a Masters degree in Hadith at Jamia Al Azhar. He has also received a number of Ijazaa from different scholars but not limited to: Imam Daniel Hernandez, Shaykh Yusuf Bin Sadiq Al Hanbali. Currently he is working on earning several more Ijazaa from different scholars from Mauritania and Egypt.