In Islam, a Nikah (marriage ceremony) is a covenant with God to honor, respect, care for and love your spouse; it is a legally binding contract. ISGH – Maryam Masjid is honored to celebrate with you on this blessed occasion. Your Nikah can be conducted by an ISGH Imam.
To conduct a Nikah, the following requirements must be met:
- Bride and groom’s consent to marry
- Two Muslim witnesses
- Bride’s Wali (Guardian)
- Legal marriage documentation with the State of Texas.
- Obtain Marriage License from your local County Court House (Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery). Please contact your County Clerk’s Office for fees and requirements.
- A Marriage License is valid for 30 days from date of issue.
- Marriage License is NOT valid for FIRST 72 hours from the time and date of issue.
- Get an appointment with Imam for Nikah at least one week in advance.
- Obtain ISGH “Marriage Certificate” by calling Main Center Office at (713) 524-6615 or the Imam who is performing the Nikah.
- The Marriage License and Marriage Certificate must be signed by all concerned and dated.
- The original documents,(Marriage License and Marriage Certificate), must be submitted to the Main Center Office of ISGH after Nikah is performed.
- The Office will validate Marriage Certificate with ISGH Seal.
- Return the Marriage License to the county to record marriage. It will be mailed back to the married couple.
ISGH Maryam Masjid offers facility rentals and accommodations. You can download the facility rental form on the services page.
For more info on Facility rental, contact: family@MaryamMasjid.org
For more info on Imam’s availability, contact: RT@MaryamMasjid.org
To download the MIC Facility Rental Form, please click here.
EVENT SET UP FEES/ DETAILS
We currently can only rent the facility out and arrange for table/chair set up & clean up for dinner/lunch & tea for events.
Please see the rates listed below:
- For all Nikahs - we have a $200 flat fee for masjid services
- Set Up for Dinner/ Serving food -ie, chair & table set up- $3.50 per head
- $50 additional fee for tea staff/set up ( $1.00 additional fee per person if you need us to provide tea supplies)
- $100 additional fee for clean up
Fees listed above cover:
- location rental costs (field/front of the masjid)
- white chairs
- round tables (10 chairs per table)
- table covers
- setup and tear down
- after event cleaning/trash pickup
- bathrooms cleaning
- electricity usage for any flood lights we may use
Any additional set up such as: stage setup, decorations, center pieces, chair covers, tents, heaters/AC etc. will be the party’s responsibility to rent, setup and take back. MIC is not equipped to provide these materials at the moment.